Hi! I’m Michelle. I grew up in Connecticut, USA, but am currently living in the beautiful city of Vienna, Austria since June 2014.
How did I end up here?
My husband Aldin and I met online through mutual friends. He was in Vienna, and I was in the USA. For 2 years we traveled back and forth, keeping a long distance relationship; until one warm summer night in Vienna, while sitting outside a cafe we knew that: we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives, so – ”let’s get married!”
On June 26, 2014 I left the familiar and comfortable of my old life in the states, and officially moved to Vienna. Aldin and I got married in August that summer.
Why Did I Start Blogging?
I encountered so many great things, ate so much good food, had insights about myself and the European culture I thought it would be best to share with the world my findings, and see what comes from it.
Opportunities / Collaborations:
- Partnered with Expedia UK and created a travel guide + video of what to do when you have 72 Hours in Vienna
- Created and built the Facebook group Women of Vienna with a team from January 2015 – 2017.
- My Vienna experience featured in Vienna’s newspaperWiener Zeitung (check out the English version here)
- Collaborated with Diving Living Magazine with my article Life in a Foreign Land
- American in Vienna won as Best Vienna Blog 2015 by Internations.com
Top 5 Favorite Things to Do…
1) Having cake and coffee in a quiet cafe. 2) Taking a yoga or cycling class. 3) Exploring new lands / traveling. 4) Checking out a new brunch spot. 5) Lounging at home with a good book
If you have any questions, want to say hi, or collaborate on a project with me, please click here!
Best wishes, Michelle